Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Juicy prawns roasted in a tangy marinade.Serve with a green salad.
- 12 prawns (king )
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow chili powder
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Reserve 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix the rest with the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Add salt, chick-pea flour, carom seeds, yogurt, yellow chilli powder, garam masala and turmeric. Marinade the prawns for 2 hours.
- Arrange on skewers and cook in a tandoor till half done, about 15 minutes. Remove and set aside for 10 minutes. Cook again in the tandoor for 2 minutes.
- Baste with oil and replace in the tandoor for approximately 3 more minutes. Remove from skewers and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with chaat masala and the reserved lemon juice.