Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick cook meal for the BBQ. The marinade is a simple one and prawns can be marinated for as little as 30 minutes or several hours. Just marinate the prawns while you prepare a side dish of salad or rice
- 24 large raw prawns (3 per skewer)
- 8 skewers
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (lactose free plain yogurt) or 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt (lactose free plain yogurt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- For the marinade-Combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Thread 3 prawns onto each skewer, through the tail and then through the body of the prawn. Place into a shallow dish.
- Pour over the marinade, cover and return to the fridge to keep cool (or place them back in your esky if outdoors.) Allow to stand at least 30 minutes.
- Heat your BBQ or grill. Add the kebabs and pour over any remaining marinade. Cook for a few minutes on each side until done.