Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Weekend magazine. This is a nice snack and appetiser. The grilling time is a guesstimate.
Top Review by sUpRiYa
when i first made this recipe..it turned out to be great!but i messed it up the second time....i grilled the paneer for a longer time...and the garam masala should be added just as mentioned..or else it'll become way too hot!.recommended for truly spicy food lovers LIKE ME!
- 500 g cottage cheese, cut into finger shapes (paneer)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tandoori garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup raw green mangoes, cut into strips or 1⁄2 cup amchoor powder, to taste (dried mango powder)
- 1 medium onion, peeled,washed and thinly sliced
- 3 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons chat masala
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a thin paste of the tandoori masala powder and vinegar.
- Marinate the cottage cheese in this mixture for 20 minutes.
- Grill the cottage cheese cubes on an electric grill.
- Keep aside.
- Now prepare the chaat.
- To do so, mix the lemon juice with salt, red chilli powder and oil in a bowl.
- Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix the onions, mango, green chillies, corriander leaves, chaat masala powder and the lemon juice.
- Now add the grilled cottage cheese cubes.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped ginger and serve immediately.