Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't remember where I got this, but it's good! We used it on chicken.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (Lasun)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (Adrak)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (Lavang)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (Jaiphal)
- 1 teaspoon mace (Javitri)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin (Jeera)
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek (Methi)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Tuj or Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (Kalimirchi)
- 1 teaspoon ground brown cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Mix all the above ingredients (without roasting them first) and push through a fine sieve.
- Store in an airtight container and close the lid tightly after use.
My husband and I used this spice mix for a tandoori shrimp and vegetables yogurt marinade. We broiled the veggies and shrimp on skewers. The flavor from spice mix was so good we didn't want the incredible taste in our mouths to go away. Great spice mix! Great for marinades! Incredibly great aroma!!!
This spice mix was great! I had everything on hand except for the mace and the brown cardamom but it still tasted great with those omitted. I didn't add any food coloring to the spice mix because I added it directly to the tandoori chicken so I can't review how adding it directly affects the spices. Thank you!
I used a little less Cloves, and had no cardamom and didn't want to use the red food coloring, but no matter this was amazing!! Used this recipe for Warm Tandoori Chicken Salad (21 Day Wonder Diet: Day 4). Thank you for sharing Sandi.