Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safekeeping from Riascollection.blogspot.com. Fenugreek leaves have a bitter taste like a cross between fennel and mint or lemon. Indian red chilli powder is more similar to ground cayenne pepper than U.S. chili powder. If using a coffee grinder, use one dedicated to spices rather than coffee. Leftovers should be stored tightly sealed in the freezer for up to 6 months, or on the shelf for 4-6 weeks.
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika (or Kashmiri Mirch)
- 2 teaspoons kasuri methi or 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or Indian chilli powder)
- Combine all ingredients using a whisk/spoon/coffee grinder. Store it in an airtight container.