Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy tandoori kebabs served over couscous and toped with raita. It is also very easy to prepare and does not take that long apart from the marinating time.
- 800-1 g lamb fillets (depending on appetites my hubby and son will eat 3 to 4 kebabs each where as I'm happy with 2)
- 44.37 ml tandoori paste (I use Rajah brand)
- 150 g plain yogurt, pot
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 300 g plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, Seeded and chopped (120g)
- 22.18 ml of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml mint sauce
- 2 (200 g) packagequick cook instant couscous (The brand I buy come in 100g individual sachets for 4 servings it is between 150g-200g )
- 4.92 ml vegetable stock powder
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Chop lamb into about 1 inch cubes, combine paste, yogurt and lemon juice, add lamb and marinate several hours or overnight.
- Either thread lamb on metal skewers or if using wooden skewers make sure they are soaked for 20-30 Min's in water to prevent burning during cooking.
- Cook lamb on BBQ or grill 4-6 inches from heat until cooked as desired. (approx 5-10 Min's a side, medium rare-medium well).
- In a medium size bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, mint and mint sauce mix well and refrigerate until needed.
- If using quick cooking sachets I add 1 teaspoon of chicken stock powder to the water, bring to boil and add the sachets for a couple of minutes. Remove from pan and add couscous to a large bowl and fluff. If using another type of couscous prepare according to packet.
- Add both peppers, red and green onions, mint and parsley combine well.
- Combine vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil in screw top jar shake well. Pour over couscous and mix well.
- To serve place couscous on plate top with kebab and drizzle with raita.