Recipe by The Flying Chef
Yummy tandoori kebabs served over couscous and toped with raita. It is also very easy to prepare and does not take that long apart from the marinating time.
- 800 g lamb fillets (depending on appetites my hubby and son will eat 3 to 4 kebabs each where as I'm happy with 2)
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste (I use Rajah brand)
- 150 g plain yogurt, pot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300 g plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, Seeded and chopped (120g)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint sauce
- 2 (100 g) packagesquick cook instant couscous (The brand I buy come in 100g individual sachets for 4 servings it is between 150g-200g )
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Chop lamb into about 1 inch cubes, combine paste, yogurt and lemon juice, add lamb and marinate several hours or overnight.
- Either thread lamb on metal skewers or if using wooden skewers make sure they are soaked for 20-30 Min's in water to prevent burning during cooking.
- Cook lamb on BBQ or grill 4-6 inches from heat until cooked as desired. (approx 5-10 Min's a side, medium rare-medium well).
- In a medium size bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, mint and mint sauce mix well and refrigerate until needed.
- If using quick cooking sachets I add 1 teaspoon of chicken stock powder to the water, bring to boil and add the sachets for a couple of minutes. Remove from pan and add couscous to a large bowl and fluff. If using another type of couscous prepare according to packet.
- Add both peppers, red and green onions, mint and parsley combine well.
- Combine vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil in screw top jar shake well. Pour over couscous and mix well.
- To serve place couscous on plate top with kebab and drizzle with raita.