Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great side dish when you're grilling! Adapted from The Splendid Table, by Lynn Rossetto Kasper.
- 2 cups whole milk yogurt (not low fat)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seed (heat whole cumin in a skillet over medium until aromatic 3 to 5 minutes)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Vegetables-you may vary this to what you like
- chunks zucchini (or summer squash)
- thin slices carrot
- wedges red onion
- wedges sweet pepper
- thin slices potato (white or sweet)
- sugar snap pea
- corn on the cob
- Toss your selection of vegetables with the marinade in the bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Have coals to the stage where they are coated with gray ash.
- Lift vegetables from the marinade (don't wipe it off) and place on the grill without touching each other. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill slowly, turning with tongs, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Test by piercing with a knife. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!
This dish was delish! My boyfriend and I grilled it up yesterday with #33170 and a side of rice. We were in heaven. The flavours of this dish are just right - allowing the flavour of the veggies to shine, but with wonderful flavour. We used green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, zucchini and potatoes. We found the potatoes weren't cooking well, but everything else was ABSOLUTELY wonderful. We used a grilling basket on the bbq. It turned out great! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was quick and easy and very nice to do on the grill. I used corn, zucchini, yellow squash and carrots. I did not have cumin seeds so I just added some ground cumin. Next time I will add more red pepper as we like things very hot. Made for ZWT 4.
These were made on my indoor grill using onions and zucchini, I subbed cayenne pepper in place of red pepper, we loved this! thanks Sharon...Kitten:)