Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
2 1/2 very lean protein, 1/2 milk
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or a blender, combine the garlic, turmeric, salt, red pepper flakes, and yogurt.
- Blend well and place in a glass bowl until ready to use.
- One hour before grilling, place the shrimp into the yogurt marinade.
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water to prevent burning.
- Place the shrimp on the skewers.
- Grill, 4 to 6 inches from source of heat, on a rack that you have lightly coated with cooking spray for one minute.
- Carefully turn and grill until shrimp are cooked through, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp on platter and serve immediately.
These were easy to make and had a nice flavor. It seemed like there was just something missing, so I gave it a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and that did the trick. These shrimp have a very pretty color and make a nice presentation. I marinaded in zip-loc plastic bags, made clean up easy. And instead of threading on skewers I cooked the shrimp in my grill basket for ease of cooking and eating. Otherwise I followed the directions exactly.