Recipe by chia
I was able to get some flounder on sale, and referred to my Healthy Seafood cookbook by Jane Brody for this great recipe. It goes well with green vegetables, basmati rice and fresh salad. Marinating time is not reflected in cooking time.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- sea salt
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flounder fillets
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Add flounder and coat with marinade, refrigerate for several hours.
- Place broiler rack 4 inches from heat and heat broiler to high.
- Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray, place fillets in a single layer on pan, cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with rice, and vegetables.