2 hrs 25 mins
This was a great idea for a quick sunday dinner after traveling for the weekend. Both DH and I loved it and will be making it again for picnics, lunches, anything! Please keep in mind all my amounts are approximate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt, divided
- 13 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders if possible
- 3/4 cup cucumber, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tandoori masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons meat masala (Shaan)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 6 pieces lettuce
- 1Combine 1 cup yogurt with tandoori spice, meat masala, curry powder, 1 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoons red chili powder.
- 2Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (this is why I like tenders, because they're thin) and completely stir in chicken into yogurt.
- 3Cover and marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- 4Heat skillet over med-high heat, add oil.
- 5Cook chicken completely with all the yogurt sauce that is left with the chicken. You may need to drain the water halfway through cooking that accumulates when you use non-fat yogurt.
- 6While the chicken is cooking, in small mixing bowl, combine remaining 1 cup yogurt with cucumber, onion, and remaining spices, and stir to smooth out lumps in yogurt.
- 7Let chicken cool slightly after it's cooked.
- 8Heat the wraps on a non-stick skillet so that they're soft, but not doughy as they are straight out of the package.
- 9Place lettuce on wrap, then chicken, then yogurt sauce and roll in whichever way you like. I keep one end open, because it looks pretty!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori Chicken Wraps Without the Tandoor
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 1384.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: