Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was a great idea for a quick sunday dinner after traveling for the weekend. Both DH and I loved it and will be making it again for picnics, lunches, anything! Please keep in mind all my amounts are approximate!
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt, divided
- 13 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders if possible
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tandoori masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons meat masala (Shaan)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 6 pieces lettuce
- Combine 1 cup yogurt with tandoori spice, meat masala, curry powder, 1 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoons red chili powder.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (this is why I like tenders, because they're thin) and completely stir in chicken into yogurt.
- Cover and marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat skillet over med-high heat, add oil.
- Cook chicken completely with all the yogurt sauce that is left with the chicken. You may need to drain the water halfway through cooking that accumulates when you use non-fat yogurt.
- While the chicken is cooking, in small mixing bowl, combine remaining 1 cup yogurt with cucumber, onion, and remaining spices, and stir to smooth out lumps in yogurt.
- Let chicken cool slightly after it's cooked.
- Heat the wraps on a non-stick skillet so that they're soft, but not doughy as they are straight out of the package.
- Place lettuce on wrap, then chicken, then yogurt sauce and roll in whichever way you like. I keep one end open, because it looks pretty!
Thanks Mrs MM for this tasty recipe. We really enjoyed these wraps. We added chutney, basmati rice, chopped tomatoes and sliced radishes to fill our wraps. For anyone like me who has trouble remembering to divide ingredients, I have rewritten the recipe (appears as #382481).