Tandoori Chicken With Yogurt Sauce
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 cup yogurt, garlic, turmeric, ginger, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone) registers 160°, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel apple; coarsely grate into a medium bowl.
- Add cilantro and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce alongside chicken, with rice, if desired.