Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday Food.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 4 (10 -12 ounce) bone-in skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 cup yogurt, garlic, turmeric, ginger, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone) registers 160°, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel apple; coarsely grate into a medium bowl.
- Add cilantro and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce alongside chicken, with rice, if desired.
The marinade was much too salty for me (and I love salt). Otherwise, it was very good.
This recipe was AMAZING and I'm making it for dinner for the 2nd time tonight! I skipped the whole apple/yogurt side dish and just used the yogurt to marinate the chicken. (I marinated in the fridge overnight). I cubed my chicken and put it on skewers and bbq'd it on the outside grill. Served along with long grain rice, grilled vegetables and Naan. So SOOOOO Yummy and one of my favorite recipes. Thanks!
This is ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Recipe is first rate! LOVED apple/yogurt combination! STILL am in state of elation! Used chicken breast instead of boned, true! Also had no-fat vanilla yogurt on hand that I think added to GREAT flavour too! Thanks for the recipe!