Recipe by English_Rose
Even without a traditional clay tandoor you can cook up a great tandoori chicken with this gloriously simple low-carb recipe. Serve with salad. Time does not include marinating.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in
For the mint drizzle
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 piece cucumber, 3in, peeled and cubed
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow dish, stir together the yoghurt, garlic, cumin, chilli, turmeric, food colouring and some salt and pepper. You can leave the colouring out if you prefer - though it does provide that authentic tandoor look.
- Remove the skin from the chicken breasts, trim off any visible fat and deeply score each breast. Add the chicken to the marinade and set aside for 30-60 minutes, turning from time to time.
- To make the drizzle, place the mint, garlic and cucumber in a mini-chopper or food processor and whiz until finely blended. Add the yoghurt and whiz again, then season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Place the chicken on a non-stick baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes until cooked right through. Serve at once with the mint drizzle and a large salad.