Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
Posted here for safe-keeping. I keep losing my WW cookbook! I either make this as listed or I use the ingredients (minus the chicken) as a marinade for chicken, lamb, or pork. Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe for OAMC.
- 118.29 ml nonfat yogurt, plain
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml ginger, freshly peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml saffron thread (or 1/4 tsp ground tumeric)
- 453.59 g chicken thighs (4 ct.)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground
- Combine the yogurt, paprika, ginger, garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, and saffron in a zip-top plastic bag. Zip closed and squish with your hands to mix the ingredients inside the bag. Open and add chicken.
- Refrigerate. turning the back occasionally, at least 8 hours or overnight. This is the point where I put this in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a rack inside a roasting pan. Spray the rack with non-stick spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard marinade. Transfer chicken to the pan rack and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken until cooked through, 22 - 25 minutes.
- According to WW book: 1 thigh has 169 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 1 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 12 g protein, 21 mg of calcium. Each thigh is 4 pts.
This is really GREAT!
Recipe is EASY! First rate!
LOVE is no sugar, extremely simple to bake!
Good, yummy for you and your family's sake!
Yummy, easy and healthy! Naturally low carb, which is great for my hub's diet.
Yumza! I originally wanted to try this because it uses thighs, was tandoori chicken (which I loooove at Indian restaurants) and because it's low carbs. It is so great - who knew I could make bright red tandoori chicken this good? I did not have the saffron so used the turmeric. After marinating overnight, there was very little marinade to discard as it is so thick it all stuck to the chicken (I used Greek yogurt). I made one mistake which was I forgot to salt and pepper the chicken before I put it into the oven, so I did it when it came out. I cooked mine for 25 minutes and it was done. I also like the idea of putting it on a rack and I was able to use foil in the bottom of the pan so there was less cleanup. I served my chicken with plain yogurt and cut cucumbers. Thank you, Ciocia DD, this is great!