Recipe by Ciocia DD
Posted here for safe-keeping. I keep losing my WW cookbook! I either make this as listed or I use the ingredients (minus the chicken) as a marinade for chicken, lamb, or pork. Double, triple, or quadruple the recipe for OAMC.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread (or 1/4 tsp ground tumeric)
- 16 ounces chicken thighs (4 ct.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the yogurt, paprika, ginger, garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, and saffron in a zip-top plastic bag. Zip closed and squish with your hands to mix the ingredients inside the bag. Open and add chicken.
- Refrigerate. turning the back occasionally, at least 8 hours or overnight. This is the point where I put this in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a rack inside a roasting pan. Spray the rack with non-stick spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard marinade. Transfer chicken to the pan rack and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken until cooked through, 22 - 25 minutes.
- According to WW book: 1 thigh has 169 calories, 9 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 1 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 12 g protein, 21 mg of calcium. Each thigh is 4 pts.