1/1 Photo of Tandoori Chicken Satay Appetizers (Made Easy)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My recipe for skewer-style Tandoori chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chicken tenderloins
- 3/4 cup tandoori paste (Deep brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
SUGGESTED PLATTER GARNISH
- fresh kale leaf
OPTIONAL DIPPING SAUCE
- raita (traditional mint-yogurt sauce)
- 1PLACE chicken tenderloins using tongs into a large Ziploc bag or a wide shallow dish for marinating. (NOTES: If thawing, thaw naturally and NOT by microwave oven. You may use whole boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks if kebab-style skewers are desired).
- 2PLACE chicken pieces into a large Ziploc freezer bag for marinating.
- 3SQUEEZE the bag to roll and coat chicken thoroughly in marinade; PLACE bag into refrigerator to marinate 3-5 hours to overnight if desired for fuller flavor and more tender chicken (recommended but not absolutely necessary); SOAK required wooden skewers in water until needed.
- 4SHAKE away excess marinade from chicken; BRUSH chicken on all sides with vegetable oil or light olive oil.
- 5PLACE oven rack within 6 inches of heat element; SET heat to HIGH setting.
- 6SKEWER chicken lengthwise with water-soaked skewers up to 3/4 of the skewer, leaving the lower half empty so it has a "handle"; BRUSH chicken across tops with vegetable or olive oil BASTE; TURN chicken skewers over; BASTE the other side.
- 7SPRAY the grill of a broiler pan with grill with non-stick cooking spray; PLACE chicken with skewer handles extending over broiler pan for easy handling when broiling, SLIDE broiler pan onto oven rack.
- 8BROIL chicken until the edges begin to char slightly (keep a close eye on chicken since it cooks very quickly) TURN chicken within five minutes until lightly charred on edges but not overcooked; REMOVE from oven immediately, wearing oven mitts.
- 9ARRANGE satays in a splay, with skewer handles facing outward, on a serving platter lined with fresh kale leaves; ACCOMPANY chicken satays with a sauce of plain yogurt blended with coriander-mint chutney (or yogurt with tempered creamy peanut butter and chili-garlic sauce) and/or lime wedges if desired.
- 10SERVE and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori Chicken Satay Appetizers (Made Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: