Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a very simple recipe which tastes great and smells wonderful while cooking as you get the spicy smell from the tandoori and the sweet smell from the coconut rice. It does not take long to prepare you can either toss chicken in yogurt and tandoori paste and get cooking or if you want to infuse marinate for a few hours. So it is a great after work fast meal or throw it all in zip lock bag in the morning before you leave and just pop it in the oven when you get in.
Top Review by jlmiklos
This was fantastic - the combination of corriander and tandoori was delicious and very easy to make. We didn't have coconut cream on hand this time around, so it was left out, but the results were still delicious.
- 8 -12 chicken drumsticks (depending on whether you want to serve 2 or 3 per person.)
- 1⁄2 cup tandoori paste
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 3⁄4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped roughly
- 3 green onions, sliced thinl
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Either combine tandoori paste and yogurt in a large bowl, add chicken toss to coat or remove bag from fridge if you chose to marinate.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish, cook uncovered, about 25-30 Min's or until cooked through, baste occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, combine rice, water and coconut cream in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, reduce heat, simmer covered, about 20 Min's or until rice is tender, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat add chopped onion stir gently to combine, cover and stand for 5 Min's.
- To Serve: Place spoonfuls of rice on plate top with chicken, sprinkle coriander over. Serve mint yogurt raita on the side if you desire.