Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of the best tandoori grilled chicken recipes around, and boy is the chicken tender and moist...this tandoori will become a favorite of yours for sure! (Note: plan ahead, the chicken needs to marinate overnight)
Top Review by Laurene
Just a thought, but you may be asking for trouble if you use the reserved marinade as a brushed-on finishing sauce, as 10 additional minutes of cooking may not be enough to kill any pesky Salmonella bacteria that may be in that marinade. Play it safe & set aside some marinade when you first make it that the raw chicken never touched.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chutney (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag, set into a deep bowl.
- For marinade: Combine yogurt, gingerroot, garlic, paprika, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and cloves; pour over chicken pieces in the bag, close marinade bag in the fridge overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag, RESERVE marinade.
- Place chicken pieces, bone side down in center of grill; grill until chicken is tender, and the juices run clear, brushing with reserved marinade during the last 10 minutes of grilling time.
- Serve with chutney and sliced cucumber if desired.
- Note: the chicken may be done under the broiler, but it is best done on the grill.