Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a nice appetizer served on short skewers, with chutney as the dipping condiment. prep time doesn't reflect marinating time
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 226.79 g carton plain yogurt
- 19.71 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml fresh grated ginger
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 0.25 ml turmeric
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- place chicken in a large plastic bag.
- mix remaining ingredients, pour over chicken and seal.
- marinate 6-24 hrs in refrigerator.
- preheat broiler.
- drain chicken, place on broiler rack, broil 12-15 minutes, turning halfway through until done.
- serve with chutney.
Very good. A nice, unique tasting marinade that gave the chicken a nice flavor. The ease of prep was great - tossing eveything into a plastic bag and popping it into the fridge in the morning, and quickly popping it under the broiler for supper. I would check this early, though, as my chicken was fully cooked by the halfway point(at 6 minutes). The chutney is a must as a dipping sauce - I used homemade.
This was pretty good - I didn't realize it had to marinate until I was already preparing dinner, so it only marinated for a half hour. I did chop the chicken into cubes to assist in marinating. I will make this again.
I doubled this and served it at a party. I put it on skewers with red, green, and yellow bell peppers, and red onions. Grilled it on my indoor grill. Then served it with a greek yogurt dip. YUMMY! Thank you chia! This really hit the spot for all my low-carbing guests.