Recipe by chia
this is a nice appetizer served on short skewers, with chutney as the dipping condiment. prep time doesn't reflect marinating time
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good. A nice, unique tasting marinade that gave the chicken a nice flavor. The ease of prep was great - tossing eveything into a plastic bag and popping it into the fridge in the morning, and quickly popping it under the broiler for supper. I would check this early, though, as my chicken was fully cooked by the halfway point(at 6 minutes). The chutney is a must as a dipping sauce - I used homemade.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- place chicken in a large plastic bag.
- mix remaining ingredients, pour over chicken and seal.
- marinate 6-24 hrs in refrigerator.
- preheat broiler.
- drain chicken, place on broiler rack, broil 12-15 minutes, turning halfway through until done.
- serve with chutney.