Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an authentic recipe for Tandoori chicken.
Make and share this Tandoori Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g chicken, cut into pieces
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 295.73 ml plain yogurt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh gingerroot, grated
- 9.85 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml yellow food coloring
- 4.92 ml red food coloring
- 9.85 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon juice. Set aside 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth. Stir in yellow and red food coloring. Spread yogurt mixture over chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.
- This dish can also be baked in a hot oven (450 degrees F) for 25 to 30 minutes (or until done).