Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Chicken marinaded in a simple yogurt based sauce spiced with garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, lemon, chili & paprika
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain yogurt (greek yogurt is my personal favorite)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chili pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Make three or four 1/4 inch cuts on both sides of every piece of chicken.
- In three inch baking dish put a thin layer of the marinade, place a few pieces of chicken on to the marinade and cover with more marinade.
- Repeat until all pieces are covered in marinade.
- Cover dish with cling wrap and place in refrigerator over night (no less than 4 hrs).
- preheat oven to 375.
- Cook chicken for 45 - 60 minutes in a covered dish.
- Serve with rice (Basmati or Jasmine are personal favorites).