Recipe by cook334446
Chicken marinated in yogurt with Indian spices and then roasted in oven. Recipe source is Jaypuri.blogspot.com
- 800 g chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder, 1tsp Elaichi Powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- butter, for basting
- chart masala
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Clean chicken. Cut 2 or 3 slits on each drumstick.
- 2. Take a bowl make a mixture of 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and salt.
- 3. Apply this mixture to chicken, fill it in the slits of meat. Set aside for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove extra water from yogurt with help of muslin cloth.
- 5. To make second marinate, add remaining red chilli powder, coriander powder, Cardamom powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, remaining lemon juice, Salt, garam masala powder and mustard oil. Mix Well.
- 6. Apply this marinate to Chicken. Keep aside for 4 hours.
- 7. Preheat oven at 425 degree.
- 8. Cook Chicken for 15 minutes. Baste with butter and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve Hot. Sprink pinch of chart masala while serving the tandoori chicken.