Recipe by Chef ohio Laura
Got this from 30 min. meals, only wanted the chicken part and not the side so I saved here.
Top Review by Diplo-mom
Made this last night and can't wait to make it again. We have friends with their own Tandoori oven and I wanted to try to make tandoori at home in my conventional oven, knowing it would be the same. So close to the real thing! And so easy as well! I made the marinade ahead of time and put the chicken in so when it was time for dinner, just popped chicken into pan and cooked. I served with Indian Spiced Potatoes and a chickpea salad. Can't wait for leftovers for lunch today!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 inches grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut across in 1/2
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 to 550 degrees F, as high as it goes. Cover a baking sheet with foil and set a baking rack on top if you have one - not necessary but use it if ya got it.
- Place yogurt in shallow dish and combine with ginger, 3 cloves grated garlic, chili powder, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cardamom, cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in sauce. Arrange on baking sheet and roast 20 to 25 minutes until juices run clear.