Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from 30 min. meals, only wanted the chicken part and not the side so I saved here.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 inches grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut across in 1/2
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 to 550 degrees F, as high as it goes. Cover a baking sheet with foil and set a baking rack on top if you have one - not necessary but use it if ya got it.
- Place yogurt in shallow dish and combine with ginger, 3 cloves grated garlic, chili powder, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cardamom, cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in sauce. Arrange on baking sheet and roast 20 to 25 minutes until juices run clear.
Made this last night and can't wait to make it again. We have friends with their own Tandoori oven and I wanted to try to make tandoori at home in my conventional oven, knowing it would be the same. So close to the real thing! And so easy as well! I made the marinade ahead of time and put the chicken in so when it was time for dinner, just popped chicken into pan and cooked. I served with Indian Spiced Potatoes and a chickpea salad. Can't wait for leftovers for lunch today!