Recipe by bunkie68
I found this recipe on a Dannon yogurt container. Easy, and pretty tasty! Prep time includes time to marinate.
- 1 (3 1/3 lb) chicken, cut into pieces (I used four boneless skinless thighs and four boneless skinless breasts) or 8 chicken thighs (I used four boneless skinless thighs and four boneless skinless breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger (I used 2 tsp. powdered)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine yogurt with lemon juice and spices.
- Add chicken and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat for 5-10 minutes (or preheat broiler).
- Place marinated chicken on grill or broiler pan.
- Cook chicken 8-10 minutes per side, basting occasionally with juices.
- Serve chicken over cooked rice sprinkled with cilantro.