Grilled chicken marinated (4 hours) in yogurt and spices.
Make and share this Tandoori Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- Make 3-4 deep diagonal cuts in each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine next 9 ingredients in a bowl; then mix in the yogurt.
- Coat chicken well with the tandoori marinade.
- Place in a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours or over night.
- Place chicken on a preheated grill; brush with extra marinade.
- Grill, turning frequently, until chicken is tender and juice runs clear (12-14 minutes).
- Remove, cover with foil, and continue cooking until the chicken is crisp and slightly blackened (5-10 minutes).
I marinated my chicken in the sauce over night before cooking. It was a hit with my hubby, who is a very picky eater.
Delicious, savory, and juicy chicken. We all loved it! Because of the reviews regarding the cardamom, I used about a 1/2 teasp. and the flavor was wonderful! Thanks!
Loved the dish. Easy to prepare and we liked the flavors. Bar-b-qued it. Only thing I changed I did not remove & cover with foil to continue cooking because this would only steam it. I made a foil tent over it and it cooked as it should - also cooked it a little less as I don't like dried out chicken.