1/1 Photo of Tandoor Style Green Beans for Two (Vegan)
I love the spice section of my favorite Indian grocery store! And I had some canned cut greenbeans I picked up cheap; eliminates the steaming time. About 2 cups fresh will suffice if you want to go that route. The black sesame seeds make for a nice crunch and Indian flavor, plus the green and black look so nice together. Plus, the greenbeans don't taste canned this way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl mix the oil with the spices and black sesame seeds.
- 2Put the green beans in a tossing bowl with the oil/spice mixture and toss well to coat.
- 3Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes for the flavors to absorb.
- 4Pour the contents of the bowl into a large skillet or frying pan and on medium-high heat, move the greenbeans around with a spatula until fully cooked but not shrunken.
- 5Makes about two 1-cup servings and doubling/tripling works just dandy if cooking for more people.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoor Style Green Beans for Two (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g