Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love the spice section of my favorite Indian grocery store! And I had some canned cut greenbeans I picked up cheap; eliminates the steaming time. About 2 cups fresh will suffice if you want to go that route. The black sesame seeds make for a nice crunch and Indian flavor, plus the green and black look so nice together. Plus, the greenbeans don't taste canned this way!
- In a small bowl mix the oil with the spices and black sesame seeds.
- Put the green beans in a tossing bowl with the oil/spice mixture and toss well to coat.
- Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes for the flavors to absorb.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a large skillet or frying pan and on medium-high heat, move the greenbeans around with a spatula until fully cooked but not shrunken.
- Makes about two 1-cup servings and doubling/tripling works just dandy if cooking for more people.
Loved all the spice in these tasty beans. And while I could not get black sesame seeds the regular white ones added a nice crunch and flavor. Made as written with the exception of the color of the sesame seeds. Will defiantly be making again. Thanks so much for the post.