Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is from another web site and I made it for dinner last night served on whole wheat pasta. Very easy and delicious. Probably would be great as an appetizer on Triscuits or..The recipe poster said she freezes the leftover pesto in ice trays. I don't love a lot of garlic so I only used 3 medium cloves, but I will post it the way I found it. There is no cook time.
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 medium garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen artichokes, thawed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place the cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, walnuts, canola oil, olive oil and salt into food processor bowl. Pulse until smooth.
- Add artichokes and cheese and pulse on short spurts until artichokes are still chunky.
- Serve over pasta and enjoy.