Recipe by MarieRynr
This dessert combines bananas and caramel with a creamy orange flavoured topping, all favorite Mexican flavours. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F Grease 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour and brown sugar.
- Using pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press in bottom of greased pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 14 to 19 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, combine caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour; bring just to a boil.
- Cool; refrigerate until very cold.
- Just before serving, spread caramel mixture over crust.
- Slice bananas; arrange over caramel.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Fold in orange peel and whipped cream.
- Spread over sliced bananas.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Remove torte from pan and serve immediately.