Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I originally got a simple recipe from my mother and just added a few extras. I like gooey, cheesey food that sticks to your ribs!
- Begin by boiling your pasta in large pot for 10-12 minutes, no longer.
- Drain and leave pasta in colander for time being.
- In the pot you are using, over med-med.
- high heat (not boiling) add your heavy cream,onion powder,1 tbs.
- salt and pepper (to your preference).
- Mix and then begin adding your cheese,2 cups at a time.
- Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Once cheese is melted, remove from heat and stir in your pasta until completely coated.
- Pour into a large buttered casserole dish.
- Bake in a 350% preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Yes, I finally found something posted that's close to our family recipe! With these changes, I'd give it 5 stars: Cook the pasta in salt, but omit it later on. Omit the onion powder and possibly substitute real, diced onions. Substitute milk for the heavy cream. (I suppose that'd be deliciously creamy, though!)