Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from The Tammy Wynette Southern Cookbook. In the book, she states that this recipe came to her from her cousin, Hazel Hall, from Red Bay, Alabama. Another one of my celebrity recipes!
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Drain all the juice from the sauerkraut and discard, then mix drained sauerkraut with all the remaining ingredients, combining well.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving, to let flavours blend.