Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ever summer my mother and I both make this recipe for BBQs and get-togethers. It is always gone quickly with people looking for more.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 7 eggs, hard-boiled & diced
- 6 large dill pickles, diced (Claussen works well)
- 1⁄3 cup pickle juice
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Boil the potatoes until soft.
- Hard-boil the eggs.
- Roughly mash the potatoes in an extra large bowl.
- Add diced hard-boiled eggs, pickles, pickle juice, onion, miracle whip, and mustard to the potatoes. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle paprika lightly over top.
- Cover and let set approximately 1 day in a refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe is very similar to one I make. I do choose to leave out the onion because no one really cares for it.
This makes a really good potato salad. It goes tremendously well with Bbq as well as hamburgers and hotdogs-I have made it with both now. The recipe worked perfectly as written. Thanks for sharing.