Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Why do sweet potatoes have to be sweetened so much? This is a delicious and less candy-like version.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened vanilla flavored almond milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Place in saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and mash with a potato masher.
- Mash in butter, vanilla and spices until thoroughly blended.
- Add almond milk and keep mashing.
- Stir in maple syrup and serve.