Recipe by Latchy
This is in answer to a query on cooking red claw. I think this recipe may have been based on a Womens Weekly recipe, it sounds like it.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thick tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 24 medium uncooked yabbies (about 1.5kg)
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium pan; cook onion, ginger and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add juice, sugar and tamarind and the water and bring it all to the boil then simmer it for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and simmer for another 20 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the yabbies, cook stirring for about 5 minutes until the yabbies are just changed in colour.
- Serve with spinach.