Chef Sean #2's Note:
From: "The Habanero Cookbook" by Dave DeWitt & Nancy Gerlach
My Private Note
- 1Shell the tamarind pods and remove the seeds from the pulp.
- 2Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, add the pulp, and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
- 3Add the sugar, stir to dissolve, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Strain the sauce through a piece of cheesecloth or muslin and squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the pulp.
- 5Tamarind sauce will keep for about a month when stored covered in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamarind Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g