Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, small-quantity substitute for the sometimes difficult-to-find tamarind paste. Cooking time is soaking time. Courtesy of GroupRecipes.
- 1 tablespoon dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried prune, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried apricot, chopped
- water, boiling (just to cover)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Place first three ingredients into a bowl and pour enough boiling water over them to cover completely.
- Let stand 15 minutes and drain.
- Place drained fruit and the lemon juice into a food processor, blend to a thick paste.
- Store in the fridge or use immediately.