Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
another quick dinner idea.
Make and share this tamarind glazed salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tamarind paste
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- puree all sauce ingredients in a blender.
- preheat broiler.
- line a broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- brush fillets with olive oil, them brush with tamarind sauce.
- season with salt& pepper.
- broil salmon for 6-8 minutes, adding more sauce halfway through.
- serve extra sauce alongside.
Chia this deserves more than 5 stars -- rave reviews all around. Even my non-fish eaters raved about this fish. We had the salmon with a green salad and baked potatoes for a perfect weekday meal. I did subsitute 2 Ancho chilies with a spoonful of adobo sauce for the chipotle chilies (which I forgot to buy)and forgot the sugar but I don't think that made that much of a difference. Thanks for sharing! We will be having this often.
This was really very good. I did cut back on the chilies (family preference) but it still had so much flavor.