1/2 Photos of Tamarind-Glazed Honey Shrimp
Another Monica Bhide recipe! We had the shrimp late last night and I woke up this morning wishing I had some more, they were so delicious! ;) I suggest that you make double the quantity and keep them ready to serve!!! We made these for the seafood and protein lovers! Monica Bhide's newest cookbook is Modern Spice: Inspired Indian Flavors for the Contemporary Kitchen (Simon & Schuster, 2009). There is a 2 hr marinating time for which I didn't allow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared tamarind-date chutney
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium to large)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, chutney, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes (if using), coriander, and salt;. mix well.
- 2Add the shrimp and toss well to coat; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3About 10 minutes before serving time, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Just before the oil starts smoking, add the shrimp and marinade to the pan.
- 5Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
- 6Transfer to a serving bowl and pour any liquid from the pan over the shrimp.
- 7Serve warm with basmatti rice with chives.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamarind-Glazed Honey Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 787.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.5 g