Recipe by Sascha
I was looking for more uses for the tamarind paste I had, and I came across this recipe on the Seasoned Pioneers website. It looks fast, easy, and most importantly - tasty! This recipe is suitable for marinating enough fish for two people. Cooking time below includes marinating time.
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Blend the tamarind paste and fresh coriander with 2tbsp hot water. Put to one side.
- 2) In a small, heavy frying pan dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds until aromatic then grind to a powder. Mix all the ingredients together to make the marinade.
- 3) Pour the marinade over the fish (salmon and trout work well) and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- 4) Cook by grilling for five minutes or until the flesh flakes. Try serving with lemon slices and salad.