- 1⁄2 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 -3 green chilies
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak tamarind in a cup of hot water for 15 minutes or until very soft.
- Pass the pulp through a fine sieve, pressing with a spoon to pass all the juice through . Discard dregs/seeds.
- Blend/Process onion, green chilies, garlic, black pepper, cumin, salt, reserved tamarind juice.
- (if you wnt to make a sweet dip you can add sugar to taste at this point)
- Blend the ingredients to a smooth paste
- Serve with Samosas, Pakora etc.