Recipe by Sharon123
This is an Asian inspired recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay in Boy Meets Grill.
Top Review by UmmBinat
I really liked this great recipe masha Allah. I used creamed honey and didn't wait for it to cool either and it was yummy warm. I did not garnish with mint but would do so next time I make this cold in the summer which I can imagine would be even better! Made for April 2010 FLAVOR of the Month - Tamarind!
- 946.36 ml boiling water
- 28.39 ml honey (or more to taste, or use 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar)
- 29.58-44.37 ml crystallized ginger, minced
- 29.58 ml tamarind paste
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together boiling water, brown sugar, ginger, and tamarind paste until mixture is mixed well.
- Let steep for 5 to 6 minutes, then add the lemon juice and let the mixture cool.
- Strain it through a fine sieve set over a pitcher and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide the cooler among tall glasses filled with ice cubes and garnish with a mint sprig.