Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an Asian inspired recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay in Boy Meets Grill.
Make and share this Tamarind Cooler recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄8 cup honey (or more to taste, or use 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar)
- 2 -3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish)
- In a bowl, whisk together boiling water, brown sugar, ginger, and tamarind paste until mixture is mixed well.
- Let steep for 5 to 6 minutes, then add the lemon juice and let the mixture cool.
- Strain it through a fine sieve set over a pitcher and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide the cooler among tall glasses filled with ice cubes and garnish with a mint sprig.
I really liked this great recipe masha Allah. I used creamed honey and didn't wait for it to cool either and it was yummy warm. I did not garnish with mint but would do so next time I make this cold in the summer which I can imagine would be even better! Made for April 2010 FLAVOR of the Month - Tamarind!
YUMMY TANGY REFRESHING! I finally got to use some of my tamarind paste and in a surprising way! I used the brown sugar option and all else the same. This tastes like an exotic lemonade. I'll be experimenting more with tamarind paste in drinks now. Thanks for the inspiration Sharon :) Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
Great drink Sharon. It is really tasty and so pretty. I really enjoyed this sweet, tart, refreshing cooler. I love the sour citriness of tamarind. This was so quick and easy to make. The addition of crystallized ginger, gives a lovely spiceness to the cooler. I did use the brown sugar option. Thanks for sharing a drink that I will make often.