Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a sweet/sour sauce that goes wonderfully with savories.
Make and share this Tamarind Chutney (sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- Break the lump of tamarind into small pieces and boil them in 1 1/2 cups of water for 10-20 minutes until softened.
- Then pour the tamarind and water through a strainer, scraping the bottom of the strainer every few seconds.
- Continue until all the pulp has been extracted from the seeds and fiber.
- To this juice, add all the other ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, uncovered, until most of the liquid cooks off and the chutney takes on the consistency of marmalade.
- This goes wonderfully with fried spicy potato swirls!