I've made it as a sauce for everything from fresh veggies, fresh fruit (especially apples), to lettuce wraps. Also makes great sauce for main dish of meat, chicken or seafood. I've also made a great pita sandwich using the sauce with chicken and apples! Inspired by Cheesecake Factory's dipping sauce! Takes about 15-20 mins to prepare depending on kitchen efficiency, but allow a minimum of 30 mins to cool and set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Combine the first seven ingredients in food processor.
- 22. Blend with short bursts until the mixture is well blended, and the.
- 33. cashews and garlic have been chopped into pieces about.
- 44. half the size of a grain of rice.
- 55. Combine the vinegars, honey, tamarind, and saffron in a small bowl.
- 66. Heat the mixture for about 1 minute in microwave then stir until.
- 77. tamarind pulp dissolves completely.
- 88. Pour mixture into blender or food processor and mix with cashew mixture (approx 20 seconds).
- 99. Pour sauce into bowl. Add the oil and stir by hand.
- 1010. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamarind Cashew Sauce (Dip or Sauce...lots of Variations)
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 87.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g