Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've made it as a sauce for everything from fresh veggies, fresh fruit (especially apples), to lettuce wraps. Also makes great sauce for main dish of meat, chicken or seafood. I've also made a great pita sandwich using the sauce with chicken and apples! Inspired by Cheesecake Factory's dipping sauce! Takes about 15-20 mins to prepare depending on kitchen efficiency, but allow a minimum of 30 mins to cool and set.
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients in food processor.
- 2. Blend with short bursts until the mixture is well blended, and the.
- 3. cashews and garlic have been chopped into pieces about.
- 4. half the size of a grain of rice.
- 5. Combine the vinegars, honey, tamarind, and saffron in a small bowl.
- 6. Heat the mixture for about 1 minute in microwave then stir until.
- 7. tamarind pulp dissolves completely.
- 8. Pour mixture into blender or food processor and mix with cashew mixture (approx 20 seconds).
- 9. Pour sauce into bowl. Add the oil and stir by hand.
- 10. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.