Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is one of three sauces served with the Cheesecake Factory Lettuce Wraps.
Make and share this Tamarind Cashew Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind pulp or 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine cashews, hoisin sauce, garlic, green onion, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- In a small sauce pan add oil, honey, rice wine vinegar and tamarind pulp.
- Heat at medium for 1 minute.
- Stir until the tamarind pulp is completely dissolved.
- Add this to the cashew mixture and process until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Tastes and look nothing like the CF sauce. I was disappointed. I used it anyway since I didn't want to waste it. Sauce needs work.