Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Simply toss with your meat/fish/tofu for 20 mins or longer if you can. Will keep for 3 days in the fridge. If you can't find five spice paste it is so easy to make try my recipe for it.
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder, paste
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Boil for two minutes while stirring.
- Place meat/fish/tofu in marinade and turn to coat.
This is sooo flavorful & delicious!! I marinated tofu in it. I did make a 2nd batch to thoroughly coat all the pieces of tofu (1.5lb sliced thinly). Made for My 3 Chefs 11/08.