- 700 g topside steak, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices bacon, rind removed
- 4 tamarillos, sliced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cubes of steak in a mixture of flour and salt and pepper.
- Place in a casserole and cover with the bacon.
- Cover with a layer of tamarillos, a layer of onions, then a layer of potatoes.
- Cover tightly and bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking remove the lid and dot the potatoes with butter.