Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Tamarillo Steak Casserole
- 700 g topside steak, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices bacon, rind removed
- 4 tamarillos, sliced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toss cubes of steak in a mixture of flour and salt and pepper.
- Place in a casserole and cover with the bacon.
- Cover with a layer of tamarillos, a layer of onions, then a layer of potatoes.
- Cover tightly and bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking remove the lid and dot the potatoes with butter.
Very simple recipe but we loved it. Easy to put together and went down a treat. The tamarillos really came through.