Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one goes well grilled or roast chicken also good with pork and ham. I leave the five spice out because I don't like it.
- 8 tamarillos
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄3 cup water (extra)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (extra)
- Peel and chop tamarillos, combine with sugar and water in pan, simmer, covered, about 5 mins.
- or until tamarillos are soft. Blend or process mixture; strain.
- Return mixture to pan, stir in stock, spice, extra water and extra sugar, simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Freezes well.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
i like it!